Dr. Wendsler Nosie Sr., Founder
Former Chairman, San Carlos Tribal Counselman
Comments on the Resolution Copper Project and Land Exchange Draft Environmental Impact Statement
as Submitted by the Apache Stronghold October 8, 2019 (Download PDF; 38 MB) Please be patient for download.
December 14, 2021 | FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, January 14, 2021, APACHE FILE LIEN ON OAK FLAT, TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER TO STOP LAND TRANSFER FROM FOREST SERVICE TO FOREIGN MINING COMPANY | Download PDF
December 13, 2021 | Media Advisory: Press Conference: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, January 13, 2021, Apache Stronghold to Host Virtual Press Conference | Download PDF
December 12, 2021 | FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, JANUARY 12, 2021, APACHE SUE TO PROTECT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, SAVE OAK FLAT SACRED AREA FROM DESTRUCTION BY FOREIGN MINING COMPANY | Download PDF
December 20, 2020 | NEWS RELEASE - Apache Stronghold ( PDF) | FOREIGN MINERS’ GRAB OF APACHE SACRED LAND SUDDENLY HALTED
U.S. HISTORIC PRESERVATION AGENCY FINDS U.S. FOREST SERVICE VIOLATED NATIVE AMERICANS’ RIGHTS IN OAK FLAT SACRED LAND CRISIS, Rio Tinto and BHP’s Notorious Land Grab Must Be Reversed, The U.S. Must Stop Violating Native American Religious Freedom and Human Rights
November 21, 2019 - I'M GOING HOME FOR MY PEOPLE - Wendsler Nosie Sr. delivers letter of intent to USDA Forest Service on November 21, 2019. Wendsler will start his spiritual journey home to Chi'chil Bildagoteel on Thanksgiving day, Nov. 28, 2019. He will walk off the San Carlos Apache Reservation to return to his traditional homeland and Sacred mountain to take permanent residence.
March 8, 2016 - Letter to Congress " I submit this letter to call on the protection of our religious rights as indigenous people and the protection of Oak Flat and all sacred sites."
White Mountain Apache Cultural Center
Ramon Riley, Cultural Director
Nohwike' Bagowah Culture Center
White Mountain Apache Tribe
Responding due to a letter by Neil Bosworth, Forest Supervisor, Tonto National Forest (dated August 28, 2020, File Code: 1560) to the White Mountain Apache Chairwoman, Gwendena Lee Gatewood regarding the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange with Oak Flat to Resolution Copper.
Inter Tribal Association of Arizona 21 Tribal Nations
ITAA Resolution 0419- Support for Reapeal of Section 3003 of the FY 2015 National Defense Authorization Act, the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange, August 23, 2019 - Download PDF
The National Congress of American Indians
Resolution #MSP-15-001 - Support for Repeal of Section 3003 of the FY15 National Defense Authorization Act, the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange Download PDF
Hearing To Repeal the Oak Flat Land Exchange
March 12, 2020, Subcommittee for Indigenous Peoples of the United States
The Irreparable Environmental and Cultural Impacts of the Proposed Resolution Copper Mining Operation
WATCH SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING ON YOUTUBE
- Naelyn Pike, Youth Organizer, Apache Stronghold Written Testimony | Watch Testimony
- Wendsler Nosie, Sr., Founder, Apache Stronghold; and Former Chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe Written Testimony | Watch Testimony
- Written Testimony of Kevin J. Allis, Chief Executive Officer National Congress of American Indians | Watch Testimony
- Steven H. Emerman, Ph.D. Testimony | Watch Testimony | Watch closing Q &A statement. Dr. Emerman is brought to tears
- Written Testimony of James Wells, PhD, Environmental Geologist L. Everett & Associates, Environmental Consultants | Watch Testimony
- Testimony for the Record Roy Chavez, Chair, Concerned Citizens and Retired Miners Coalition Superior, Arizona | Watch Testimony